Controller. The data controller is Syngenta UK Limited ( “Syngenta” ) registered company no. 00849037, registered office address Cpc4, Capital Park, Fulbourn, Cambridge, CB21 5XE (“we”, “us”) .
Contact details. You can contact our Data Privacy Champion via email at email@example.com or via post at the registered office address above.
Purpose for the collection and use of Personal Data
- We process your name, e-mail address, country, unique device identifier, password and other account-related Personal Data as well as information about planted crops, spray session plans, sprayers and nozzles for the purpose of delivering the App to and performing the associated contractual relationship with you. This includes in particular (i) setting up and personalizing your account; (ii) providing the service; (iii) providing support; (iv) managing our relationship with you; (v) collecting geolocation data from your smartphone and further processing it for the purpose of providing spray application advice which takes into account the conditions in your location, in particular the current weather forecast before and while you apply the product on-site; and (vi) sending you push notifications in case spray application advice needs to be updated due to a change in the circumstances on which the advice is based, in particular the weather forecast. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6(1)(b) of Regulation (EU) no. 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation – “GDPR” ).
- Please note that you may be asked by the operating system of your smartphone to agree that geolocation data is shared with and push notifications can be sent by the App. Since the App is designed to provide you with up to date information while you are applying a spray product on site, you have to grant these permissions in order to use the App.
- Relying on our legitimate interests under Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, we will also use your Personal Data for the purpose of improving the App and the underlying algorithms and software.
- If you have given us your consent pursuant to Article 6(1)(a) GDPR, we will use your Personal Data for the purpose of promoting our products and services by sending you marketing material about them. You will be able to withdraw your consent at any time with future effect by changing your profile settings in your account on the App or by clicking the unsubscribe link that is sent with any marketing communication.
Recipients of your Personal Data and data transfers to third countries.
Data processors: We share Personal Data with companies and organizations that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that we partner with to develop the App, companies that are commissioned with support services such as push notifications, data storage and analytics.
These data processors are required by contract to use the Personal Data we share with them only to perform services on our behalf and to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Data. As some of our service providers are not based within the European Union (‘EU’), your Personal Data is transferred to so-called ‘third countries’. Service providers based in third countries not regarded as offering an adequate level of data protection are either bound by Standard Contractual Clauses or, in the case of US firms, certified under the so-called ‘Privacy Shield’. Details about these safeguards can be found here https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc_en and here https://www.privacyshield.gov/Individuals-in-Europe. For more information, please contact our Data Privacy Champion firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party recipients: For technical functionalities of the App, certain information including your geolocation data is transferred to third parties based outside the EU which provide weather forecasts, satellite imagery and mapping functionalities. The following controllers receive your data on the basis of Article 6(1)(b) GDPR:
Google, providing the “Google Maps” service, will process your data in the United States, where they are adequately protected by virtue of Google’s certification under the EU-US Privacy Shield. For more information, please see https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active#.
One Soil LLC, Office 22, Kirov str. 8, Minsk, Republic of Belarus, and Syngenta have concluded so-called standard contractual clauses, a model contract approved by the European Commission, in order to protect your data in Belarus. For more information, please contact our data champion at email@example.com or see here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc_en.
Business transfers: Your Personal Data may be transferred to a company that may acquire the stock or assets of Syngenta, the Syngenta Parent, one of its affiliates, or one of our businesses, for example, as the result of a sale, merger, reorganization or liquidation. The legal basis for this data processing is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. If such a transfer occurs, the acquiring company's use of your Personal Data will still be subject to this policy and the privacy preferences you have expressed to us.
Aggregate information. We may share aggregated demographic or survey information with third parties, but this information is in anonymous form and does not contain any Personal Data.
How can you exercise your rights in relation to your Personal Data?
You have the following rights:
- To confirm Syngenta is processing your Personal Data, to get access to or receive a copy of the Personal Data we may have about you;
- To require us to rectify or update any inaccurate Personal Data, or complete any incomplete Personal Data;
- To require us to delete or erase your Personal Data;
- To restrict our processing of your Personal Data;
- To require us to transmit certain of your Personal Data to you or to transfer or have them transferred, where technically feasible, to another data controller (data portability);
- To object to, i.e. to require that we stop, processing your Personal Data where the processing is based on Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR and on grounds relating to your particular situation.
- To lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority (in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement).
If you wish to exercise any of your above rights, you can contact us at no cost by sending an email to the Data Privacy Champion at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long do we store your Personal Information?
We intend to store your Personal Data only for so long as you have an account set up to use the App. Please note that removing the App from your smartphone does not delete your account. Your account will remain set up unless you delete it via the user account settings within the App. Deletion of your account will delete your Personal Data including any spray application programs or other information that you have saved. If you want to retain access to such information, you will need to email customer services at email@example.com to request a download before deleting your account.
For evidentiary purposes, in particular to be prepared for legal disputes, we may store your Personal Data for a period of time after you delete your account as long as this is permissible and necessary given the statutes of limitations in your country, so our retention period may vary depending on the circumstances. However, in such cases we will no longer actively process the Personal Data for the originally specified purpose but only for the purpose mentioned above. The legal basis for such processing is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
Questions, concerns and complaints concerning our privacy practices. Should you have any question or concern on how we use your Personal Data, you can contact our Data Privacy Champion at firstname.lastname@example.org.